Carson Cummings is a competitive trapshooter from Story City, Iowa. He began shooting trap after trying the sport at a Boy Scout Summer camp. Carson continued to practice night and day with his Remington 870 until January of 2017 when he purchased a Browning BT-99. After a few months with his new gun he went to his first ATA competition and shot his first two 25 straights. At the shoot he won second place in the handicap event. Unable to shake the rush of winning, Carson continued practicing. Carson has gone on to break thousands of targets and win many titles and trophies.
He currently holds a 16 yard average of 93.86%. He also has a 19 yard handicap average of 92.00%. Carson has a full shoot schedule this year and currently plans on attending the 142nd annual Iowa State Trapshooting Association State Shoot, the Grand American national trap shoot, the Heartland Satellite Grand shoot, and many smaller A.T.A. shoots. When Carson isn’t shooting or reloading he enjoys reading, camping, and spending time with family and friends. He also plays defensive tackle for his high school football team.
- 2018 Iowa A.I.M. State Shoot - Squad Leader on 1st Place Squad
- 2018 Ellsworth Panthers Invitational Shoot - Singles Event - 1st place
- 2018 Iowa S.C.T.P. State Shoot - 7th Place Out of 453 Competitors
- 2018 Iowa Summer Games - Singles Event - 3rd place
- 2018 Iowa Summer Games Handicap Event - 3rd place
- 2018 Iowa Winter Games - Singles Event - 3rd place
- Roland-Story Norse Claybusters - High Gun for the 2018 Season
- State Games of America Qualifier?